Monday, December 14, 2009

Let the Holidays Begin


The kids have been pretty upset that we didn't have exterior Christmas lights and I had been trying to remind them that our Dad has been working 90 hours a week and barely has time for sleep. My brother-in-law Chad Waldron had been offering to help us, but one year without lights was not gonna kill us and it wasn't his responsibility. Sunday night Rob was at work and I was at a church meeting leaving the kids in Kelsie's care, we both happened to pull up at the same time and were surprised to find xmas lights on the house!! At first I figured it was Chad but when the kids came running out of the house beyond excited to tell how they single handedly put lights on the house, We got stories about how Zach was climbing trees and Kelsie getting down ladders while Mason made them hot coco, Rob and I wanted to die!!! We could only picture how easily there could have broken their neck but they were sooooo excited about what they had done!!!! The gig was up in the morning when Mason could not keep it a secret any longer, he spilled the beans. Our friends the Howel's happened to be driving by looking at everyones lights with their kids and saw Santa's helpers out in front of our house :) The kids were well on their way to getting up lights but I am sure there were no broken necks thanks to Reese!! I am proud of my kids for their efforts and grateful to the Howell's for keeping CPS off my back

5 comments:

reesekelleyandboys said...

LOL - I love it!! I'm cracking up as I read this post!! Seriously priceless! Such cute cute kids! I have to laugh at the icicle lights they were throwing up in the tree!! :) So funny! It seriously made our night - we were laughing so hard!

The Anderson Family said...

That is so cute of them!!! I love it!

Amy said...

This is my new favorite story! That is the funniest thing I have heard in a while :)

Kim and Linda said...

This post brought tears to my eyes as I thought of them being so industrious and excited to share in the holiday spirit. This is what Christmas is all about and apparently they know it.

Haute Deb Designs said...

That is HILARIOUS!! I can't believe they did that!!! Thank goodness no one was hurt!